(All Recipe’s from Food Styling: Jamie Kimm –Shape Magazine10/2013)
Thin Sin Pizza Dough
Makes enough for 5 Pizzas
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
(Plus 12 hours resting)
Cook Time: None
4 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon instant yeast
1 teaspoon salt
½ tablespoon olive oil
- Place flour, yeast, salt and olive oil in a mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment. Add 1 ¼ cup room-temperature water and mix on low for 5 minutes or until the dough starts to come together. Turn off mixer and let dough rest for 10 minutes. ( Note : You can also knead this dough by hand in a large or on a floured work surface.)
- Turn the mixer on medium-high for 5 to 6 minutes or until the dough becomes elastic and smooth. If the dough becomes sticky, add more water, a little bit at a time.
- Remove dough from mixer and portion into 5 rounds (about ¼ pound each) just slightly larger than golf balls. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper cover with plastic wrap and chill in fridge overnight.
- When ready to use, remove dough from fridge and dust a work surface with flour. Using a rolling pin to roll the dough out into your preferred shape and top as desired. Dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, can be kept in the freezer for up to two weeks.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
(Plus 1 hour heating)
Flour for dusting
Qty 1: 1/4 – round Thin Sin Pizza Dough (See recipe above
Or your version of a healthy pizza crust)
Cornmeal for dusting
(1/4) cup crushed canned San Marzano tomatoes
(1/4) cup cubed fresh lowfat unsalted mozzarella
(4) leaves fresh basil, roughly chopped
(1) teaspoon kosher salt
(2) teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 500F. Place pizza stone or baking sheet in oven 1 hour prior to cooking pizza.
- Lightly flour a work surface and use a rolling pin to roll out the dough as thinly as possible. Transfer dough to a pizza paddle or an oven sage board (like a wooden cutting board) that has been covered with a light dust of cornmeal.
- Spread crushed tomatoes evenly over stretched dough and top with mozzarella. Transfer pizza from paddle or board to warmed stone or pan in oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and evenly distribute basil, salt, and olive oil over the top. Let cool for 5 minutes; cut and serve.
NUTRITION SCORE PER SERVING:
283 CALORIES; 8G FAT (2G SATURATED), 43G CARBS, 9G PROTIEN, 2G FIBER, 101MG CALICUM , 3MG IRON, 1,328 SODIUM..